Birch is a sleep brand that offers non-toxic mattresses with certified natural and organic materials, including latex, organic wool, and steel springs. Their products do not use any petroleum based foams such as polyurethane or memory foam. Birch donates 1% of their sales to the National Forest Foundation and offsets the carbon footprint of manufacturing and shipping their products. The mattress has a medium to medium firm feel, and there is an optional Plush Pillow Top for those who prefer a softer feel.
The Birch Mattress is a hybrid mattress available in six sizes:
- Twin or Single
- Full or Double
- Twin XL
- California King
Birch consists of three layers in addition to an organic cotton cover. The materials used in the Birch Mattress include:
- Organic Birch Wool
- Natural Latex
- Individually Wrapped Steel Coils
The optional Plush Pillow Top is made of organic cotton, organic wool, and natural latex and measures
- The Birch Mattress contains certified organic materials including Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified cotton.
- Birch products are Greenguard Gold Certified which means their products have been tested for volatile organic compounds (VOCs), chemical exposure, pollutants, pthalates, and formaldehyde.
- The company’s latex is Rainforest Alliance certified which assures that it is sustainably and ethically sourced.
- The mattress and topper use non-toxic glues and fire retardants to ensure that you are not exposed to harmful chemicals.
Before you purchase a Birch Mattress, check out the below details
- Sleep Trial – Birch offers a 100 night sleep trial.
- Shipping – Shipping is free within the contiguous US. A small fee is charged for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. The BirchMattress ships compressed in a box.
- Warranty – Birch offers a 25-year warranty.
- Financing – Birch offers 0% financing with Klarna if paid off in 6 or 12 months. Birch also offers financing options for people with low or no credit.
- Made in the USA – all Birch Mattresses are made in the USA.